As you may have already observed, there are quite a few methods to search engine optimization. The power of these methods continues to ebb and flow as Google modifies its algorithm and ranking factors. For example, once upon a time, multiple backlinks on websites with high domain authorities were the most effective way to get your website to rank higher. Now, consistently posting keyword-infused content and regularly optimizing your Google My Business listing is helping more and more businesses get noticed.
We know accomplishing this isn’t as simple as some make it sound. It can take a lot of time and dedication to thoroughly research, create, and update such items. A digital marketing company that stays well informed on Google’s algorithm can help you tackle these methods the right way. But first, you need to register your Google Business Profile and make sure all of your info is completely and correctly filled in. Keep reading to find out how doing so can positively affect your ranking and how we can help.
Essential SEO Ranking Factors on GMB
Perhaps you already have a Google Business Profile and you’re wondering why that hasn’t helped your SEO ranking. Optimizing your Google My Business listing and continuing to update it is the only way to harness the platform’s full potential. In order to fully optimize your GMB profile, each of your profile’s features needs to be filled in. These essential SEO ranking factors for your business include:
- Claiming your Business Profile.
- Completing each and every section of your account.
- Adding all of the ways customers can contact you.
- Selecting both primary and secondary categories.
- Filling in a complete ‘from the business’ description.
- Providing adequate hours of operation.
- Adding all of your products and/or services.
- Setting up messaging.
- Answering questions sent through your profile.
- Publishing posts on a weekly basis.
- Adding new images on a weekly basis.
- Collecting reviews regularly and responding to reviewers.
- Updating your Google My Business whenever anything in your business changes
All of these things will help Google to recognize you as an operating business that is customer approved and a good resource for your products and services. This is especially important if you’re looking to engage your local community and rise above the competition on search engines.
We Can Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Brew City Marketing provides national and local SEO services with packages of methods specifically tailored to each need. If you’re looking to gain more attention from your local customer base, we will assist you by performing a Google My Business audit and continuing to optimize your Google My Business listing on a monthly basis. While this service can be performed alone, it is most effective when paired with the other services included in our SEO packages. To get the most out of your optimizations, we recommend allowing us to perform the following supportive efforts:
- A full website audit and core vitals checkup.
- Regular keyword research.
- A search engine indexing audit.
- Consistent desktop and mobile page speed tests.
- A backlink profile audit.
- Competitor tracking and positioning.
- Directory accreditation (setting up and claiming listings).
- Schema implementation.
- On-going content strategy and development.
- On-going backlink building.
- Monthly audits and reports tracking your website’s performance.
Get In Touch
While we have helped a great many of our local Milwaukee clients find success building their businesses from the ground up, Brew City Marketing can assist any business with their digital marketing goals far and wide. Whether it’s optimizing your Google My Business listing, designing and building a brand new website, or combining multiple efforts to help your existing website gain traffic, we are fully committed! Schedule a meeting today to learn more.
If you’re not sure if SEO can help your business grow, sign up for a free SEO report and see how your website is currently performing. Within this report, you will receive:
- A full website audit report showing web traffic, errors in functionality, core web vitals, and items that are holding your website back from ranking well.
- Organic competitor analysis.
- Your current top-ranking keywords.
- Speed and performance test report.
- Observations and findings from all of the above reports.
- Recommendations on how to improve.
Click here to sign up and one of our Milwaukee SEO specialists will have a custom-tailored report sent to your inbox within 24 hours!