The increase in consumers using mobile devices to connect, shop, and pay their bills online has been steady over the past few years, and it has already reached a tipping point. In fact, studies show that smartphone adoption will reach a mind-blowing 90% by the end of 2016.
Why is mobile so popular, and why is it poised to be possibly the most important 2015 local marketing trend? Here are just a few reasons:
- People are using mobile devices for everything. People are finding phones a lot more convenient than PCs and desktop computers when it comes to connecting with friends and family and dealing with bills and holiday shopping (especially during work hours).
- Location-based targeting takes mobile marketing to a whole new level. For local advertisers who want to increase the ROI of their marketing campaigns, few things can beat the hyper-targeted possibilities of local mobile marketing.
- Social media continues to influence. According to a 2013 Gallup survey, at least 35% of purchasing decisions are influenced by consumers’ social networks. And that number isn’t likely to decrease any time soon.
So, what can small businesses do to make the most of mobile in 2015? Here are just a few ideas:
- Make sure your website is optimized for mobile viewing.
- Have an e-commerce website? Make sure folks can pay while using a mobile device.
- Try targeted display advertising to generate leads and sales.
- Maintain a strong social media presence.
- Make your business searchable via a personal digital assistant service.
Mobile is on every marketer’s mind this year for good reason: It offers the biggest opportunity in local marketing since local SEO hit the scene. The key is to get a good local marketing plan for mobile in place now, before your competitors do!
Does your 2015 mobile marketing strategy need a makeover? Give us a call at 414-208-0700 or fill out our contact form today to see how our Milwaukee mobile marketing team can help your business grow in 2015.