When light is your artistic medium to sculpt shadow into texture and build dramatic settings, how do you demonstrate your work effectively online? That’s the challenge brought to us by Creative Lighting Design and Engineering (CLD-E) — a challenge we gamely accepted.
If you live in Milwaukee, you’re probably already familiar with Louise’s Catering & Events. Not only is Louise’s well-known for providing top-notch catering and event coordination, they’re also part of the same restaurant group that owns classic Milwaukee hotspots like Water Street Brewery and Trinity Three Irish Pubs. The Louise’s team wanted some help creating an on-brand and on-trend website and logo, so we went to work.
As a family-centered dance school, Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance has the unique mission of preserving Irish heritage through music and dance. The team at Cashel Dennehy understood the importance of utilizing the modern web to deliver their message, so they reached out to Brew City Marketing for a revamped website that’s consistent with their goal.
Premier Financial Management Services provides Fiscal Employer Agent (FEA) and Fiscal Conduit services to individuals in nationwide long-term care programs. The “new kid on the block” of the FEA world, Premier FMS came to Brew City Marketing for help in not only promoting their new company, but in creating a website that is as accessible to its client-base as it is beautiful.
With 50+ years of cumulative experience at Microsoft, the Software Licensing Advisors team had a lot of Microsoft licensing expertise to share. Unfortunately, their website technology and marketing collateral wasn’t nearly as optimized and aligned as their business model.
Sign Effectz, Inc. needed a new website that would do double duty: bring two brands under the roof of one website and give them a user-friendly site that they could update themselves.
Somewhere along the way, some local internet marketers forgot that they had to keep up with the ever-changing rules of SEO to stay competitive. For them, the old days of carefully calculated keyword percentages is still in full effect, even while their page rankings continue to slip.
Web marketers who’ve paid attention to the changing rules of the game, however, realize that those old-school SEO tactics don’t work anymore. Instead, businesses need to focus on delivering usable websites that make an impression. Only then will their websites stand out, rank well, and convert.
In many ways, this brave new world of SEO is really just about integrating some basic marketing techniques with standard search engine optimization principles. It’s about aligning the back-end technical tactics with the front-end consumer-focused content. It’s branded SEO, basically.
So, if your website is due for an SEO tune up, here are a few things you’ll want to think about:
- How can you focus more on usability? Usability is how easy (or hard) something is to use. Typically, websites that score well for usability are useful, engaging, fast, look good, and are easy to use and navigate. If you’re not sure whether your website is usable, check out Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. The guidelines cover everything from design and content to technical guidelines.
- How can you differentiate your business? Whether you’re marketing your biz online or offline, it’s always important to define and use your unique selling proposition (USP). Not only will leveraging your USP help build your brand, it can help you create unique content that’s great for SEO.
- How can you educate your audience? Another basic marketing principle that somehow got lost in the heady days of old SEO is the importance of audience education. Whether it’s educating people on your company’s product, service, or expertise, creating informational content is a time-tested way of selling without making it obvious.
- Would you use your website? Seriously. Instead of visiting your website as an owner, visit it as a customer. Can you find the information you want to learn about the company, make a purchase, or find a store? Does your business look legit, or does it seem a little faceless?
- Is your website optimized for viewing on any mobile device? Statistics show that two-thirds of people use their mobile devices to go online and 60% of them will immediately abandon a website if it isn’t mobile friendly. Are you willing to give up that much traffic?
- Is it time to get rid of your stock images? It’s hard or your business to stand out when the graphics and images on your website are the same as your competitors or, worse yet, are used by multiple other businesses. One of the easiest ways you can visually differentiate your business is by using one-of-a-kind imagery.
If you’re ready to make your website better, call 414-208-0700 or fill out our contact form today. Our internet marketing team has the technical expertise and online marketing chops to help your Milwaukee-area business rise to the top.
CAREnQ offers a truly unique medical service—convenient video conference consultations with U.S. board-certified emergency medical physicians. Unfortunately, their website wasn’t nearly as convenient to use as their service. After a thorough check-up and A-class care from our emergency marketing team, however, CAREnQ now has an easy-to-use website that makes scheduling and receiving their online medical consultations a snap.
Cramer Coil is a leading manufacturer of high-quality, cost effective magnetic solutions. They came to Brew City Marketing because they wanted a website that not only promoted their product line but also properly represented their company to the outside world. And BCM delivered.
Infinity Healthcare provides high quality emergency management and staffing services to partner hospitals. After delivering a solid website for CAREnQ, Inifinity Healthcare’s joint venture with EPMG in Michigan, BCM was asked to modernize and simplify Infinity’s existing website.